Tuesday, September 04, 2012

More killers today than ever

So today I woke up early to make it to my 9 am meeting. And then they started.


Grandmother, 90, bathing in her own blood
Two ladies beaten to death by armed men
Yaya murders entire household where she was employed for 6 years
48-year old man beats his 83-year old mother to death

Only four among other murder news. On one of the few mornings I get up early expecting to greet the day with joy.

After government official Jesse Robredo's unfortunate death from a chopper crash and tributes for him every which way you turn, this.

I don't want to think that Filipinos are becoming a rotten kind of people. But maybe that's what we're turning out to be. Maybe it's inevitable.

But maybe we can at least all have soul and think beyond this rotten planet. I mean come on. Eternity awaits.

No comments: