Friday, May 14, 2010

Behind the supposed Noynoy victory...


...is a whole lot of hoopla still, and burgeoning uncertainty for the Philippines by the day.

I am a self-confessed Noynoy doubter. My bet was actually either Dick Gordon or Gibo for president, though I know it's highly unlikely that any of them would make it. If you ask me, I'd say whatever comes out of the elections now is the government Filipinos deserve. Why? The majority of us just NEVER learn. I mean, come on. Erap on 2nd place? It's bewildering for me.

So anyway, back to Noynoy, who is supposedly a shoo-in for the win, at least as of the May 13 Comelec tally. I can say I am not happy he's going to be president, although I am relieved that it's not going to be a Villar presidency. But for sure I'm not looking forward to the political circus, which I'm sensing is just around the corner, since Gloria is (wow! diba?) congresswoman and a Marcos-trio is going to walk all over our laws and what-not, too.

Add that to the Kris Aquino madness. I read about this happening on Facebook, which was even reported by GMA News, where Kris allegedly declared she's willing to fly out if if she causes any distress in her brother Noynoy's presidency. Some clever Facebook-er had the grand idea of making a "Kris Aquino Despedida" fanpage out of this. Read about the rest of the circus on the news sites and all together let's say "Oh boy" with a dead fish face.

Oh well. What can I say. Good luck, Noynoy.

Photo courtesy of Philnews.com

2 comments:

Artschool Girlfriend said...

What I am most looking forward to this next 6 years or so is to have an Aquino as a President and a Marcos as a Senator. I'm hoping Aquino will have the guts to do something about his father's death and the Marcos' ill-gotten wealth.

I wasn't there during the Martial Law days during the Marcos regime but I am not stupid either. The Marcoses now are claiming that they didn't commit any human rights violations.. tell that to my tito who they sent penniless to exile abroad and the many others who lost their relatives during those dark days.

And yeah, you're right, we get the leaders we deserve.

Joan Lopez-Flores said...

Yes. This particular Aquino should finally step up and do something about Ninoy's death. And put an end to the Marcos empire finally.

Thanks for following my blog, Carms. :) I miss you lots. Magkita tayo.